Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Five Years and Still Going Strong

Jacob and I have been married for five years. To celebrate, we went out to eat at an Italian place. When we were in Switzerland, we bought a Swiss cuckoo clock for our present to each other.

Last week we had a cookout in our driveway. The kids were fancinated with the fire and we all enjoyed the time together.

I also hunted down a super yummy lettuce wrap recipe and the results were so good, I wanted to document it (see and drool below). I didn't follow the recipe completely, on account of lack of ingredients and laziness. If you make it, you can use ground chicken (I marinated this in the stir fry sauce while I got the ingredients ready) instead of taking the time to cut raw chicken into itsy-bitsy pieces. Also, don't worry about removing the chicken before you stirfry the veggies (I added in two carrots, finely diced). Just throw the veggies in when the ground chicken is mostly cooked. Happy eating! Your kids should love it as long as they can't identify the onions, mushrooms, ect.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Happy Anniversary! Yeah!

And the lettuce wraps look so yummy! Good job.

Eve said...

That looks yummy...good job making it. Happy Anniversary. We're so glad Jacob got you for his wife. We think you're awesome.

Memmotts said...

That looks super yummy Happy
Anniversary