Friday, August 28, 2009

Imagination

Yesterday, Ben and Lizzie were fighting over an imaginary computer. Lizzie would type on her imaginary computer, and then Ben would run over, grab at the air, and say, "MY computer". This, of course, sent Lizzie into a screaming fit. She got the imaginary computer back by grabbing "it" out of Ben's hands, which got Ben going. And that started the whole thing going again. I tried to tell them that if their "computer" got stolen they could just whip another one other out of thin air, but neither one would expand their imagination to allow two imaginary computers to exist. Lizzie looked at me as if to say, "Come on Mom, get real, there is no such thing as two imaginary computers. Duh."

Then at lunch they were throwing around a imaginary camera. It went something like this:

Ben (throwing): Liz, catch.
Liz (catching and bringing hands up to eyes): Say cheese.
Ben: Cheese.
Liz (holding up her palm): See.
Ben: Oh, that's a good one.
Liz (throwing): Ben, catch.
Ben (catching and bringing hands up to eyes): Say cheese....

This continued on through most of lunch.

4 comments:

Christian said...

Yeah! Imaginary play is a sign of intelligence in my opinion. They sound so cute! (Sorry about the arguing, though). :)

Lewis Family said...

HAHAHA! That is great; only kids could fight over something imaginary... ok, maybe some adults do it too... hmmm

Unknown said...

This post kept me laughing all day. I'm glad so far my boys have only had problems with toys they can see. But, I agree imaginary play means smarts.

Aneesa Bee said...

this totally cracks me up. Trust children to fight over air. I'm glad mine aren't the only ones who ever disagree! Thanks for making me laugh!