Monday, August 10, 2009

Switzerland Trip Event #4

Lucerne, Switzerland

This next shot is one of me and Jacob posing like the soldier on top of the water fountain. And in case you want another peice of Swiss trivia, you'll be interested to know that all water fountains in Switzerland are also drinking fountains. When Jared's friend Jubi first told me, I didn't believe him. But he was totally serious and telling the truth. After that, I noticed people drinking and filling up water bottles at various water fountains. We even joined in the drinking when we visited Berne (I'll post some pics later).
I was worried that the rainbow wouldn't show up on this shot, but it did. Lucerne, like all of Switzerland, was breathtaking.

The following Lion Monument was sculpted in honor of 700 Swiss soldiers who died defending their palace from a mob of angry Parisians during the French Revolution. It is a huge lion and reminded me of CS Lewis' Aslan.

1 comments:

Krista said...

Very cool that the fountains can be drunk out of! And I LOVE the lion, it reminds me of Aslan too.