Saturday, August 8, 2009

Switzerland Trip Event #2

Trummelbach Falls: Located in the heart of the Jungfrau Region, these monsterous glacial waterfalls have carved their way through the mountain.
We rode in a lift (like a glass boxcar) 100 meters up the inside of the mountain. Ben loved the lift so much that we went on it twice, thanks to the nice operator.

After riding the lift, we worked our way down the mountain. The path weaved inside and outside the mountain. The hike was slippery and cold on the inside, and warm and dry on the outside parts, but the waterfalls were amazing/loud/awesome.
You can't really tell in thise picture of me and the kids, but little Johnnie is straped inside my baby carrier up front, with my sweater over him, and my rain poncho on top. He slept through the whole hike.

3 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Wow, that looks amazingly beautiful!! I love your resourcefulness with little Johnnie!!

Krista said...

I love caves and waterfalls! That looks like it was a beautiful trip. And you look great Abi!! And your kids are getting so big.

Aneesa Bee said...

I was wondering where the baby was in all the photos! I'm glad you didn't leave him home. That looks like the funnest trip ever. I am very, very, very jealous!!