Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fashionably Early

Just a quick post (more will follow) to announce the birth of our baby. He came to us three weeks early on May 28, 2009. 3320 grams. 52 centimeters. This meant nothing to me as they measured him after the birth, but I have since learned that 3320 grams equals 7 pounds 5 ounces. 52 centimeters is 20 inches. He is a cute little guy. We haven't decided on a name yet! We got home from the hospital yesterday (sharing a hospital room with three other moms just didn't suit my fancy), and are both trying to recover. Jacob has locked off the back of our house to give me and _____ some peace and quiet. Ben and Liz are not happy about it. Hopefully they'll adjust soon. Will post pictures later.

5 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

Congrats!! can't wait for pics and a name :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations, we were very excited to hear he was still so big, even though he was 3 weeks early. Jason wanted to add that he thinks you should choose a dutch name. Hope you recover quickly and good luck chosing a name.

Meg said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I'm so happy for you. Glad he's big and healthy. Jacob is doing a great job in giving you some privacy and time to recover w/o the other kids. I'm so excited to see pictures and know the name, but I will be patient. :) Now sleep, sleep, sleep! :)

Dave and Lizzie said...

Yay! Congrats Abi!

Krista said...

Yeah! I'm so glad for you Abi! And that is a nice weight for an early baby. I agree with Meg, sleep, sleep, sleep and I'm so very glad that Jacob is helping you get recovery time before handling three little ones, who will all be excited to see each other. Love you!