Monday, February 15, 2010

Wintery Day in Roskilde

So, we have already moved but I have a ton of posts that I just haven't gotten around to doing. Here are a few shots of the town in Denmark where we used to live. I wanted to capture a winter day. Pretty, huh?
Plus, I just wanted to let everyone know that the sun is very weak in this area of the world during winter. Just to prove my point. In Denmark, on the lightest day of this year-June 23-, the sun rose at 4:25 AM and set at 9:58 PM (I loved the summer light!). In contrast, on the darkest day of this year-December 16- the sun rose at 8:33 AM and set at 3:36 PM. That's a mere 7 hours of light a day. And its not bright light either. These pictures were taken around 2:30 in the afternoon. The good news? The sun is on its way back!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful place to live! You took some pretty pictures. Seems like a peaceful area.

Meg said...

How interesting. I knew that you didn't get sun for a long time in the winter, but I had no idea about the sun being so dark when it was out. Wow, I don't know if I could stand that. I'm glad your days are getting longer and brighter.