Monday, February 15, 2010

We had a fantastic Christmas break. The kids absolutely adored having Jacob home for days at a time. Jacob took Ben and Lizzie sledding and built a huge snowman and bear with Benjamin while sick Lizzie watched from a window. We all went to a park next to the Viking Ship Museum where there was this cool hampster cage-ish swing that was really fun (but the fun ended when I crash tumbled after getting too ambitious and injured my back). I guess I just can't be a kid anymore! We spent Christmas Eve (the biggest part of Christmas in Denmark) feasting with our friends Eva and Martin and the missionaries from our church. We danced around their Christmas tree singing carols, and finished with generous presents for everyone and the incredibly delicious risalamande. Christmas Day morning was spent quietly at home, and Christmas afternoon our friend Theresa came over bearing gifts for Ben and Liz. Good times!

We later went on a canal boat tour of Copenhagen. If you ever get to Copenhagen, the canal tours are the way to go. You get to sit and enjoy the views as the boat takes you from one main point of the city to another, where you have the option of getting out to explore and then catching the next canal boat within the hour. The tour finished just as the sun was setting so everything was incredibly beautiful.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Meg said...

Sounds like a whirlwind! I'm so glad you've been able to have all those experiences. Hope your back is feeling better now. I sure love you!

Unknown said...

The hampster swing looks awesome. I think I know two little boys who would love it. I'm sorry you hurt your back and hope it is okay. It looks like the kids have a ton of fun at home. I love the hard hats and goggles.